Steven J. Piet, ScD, DTM
Dr. Steve Piet is a retired engineer who can communicate – holding both the Doctor of Science (ScD) degree in engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM) education achievement from Toastmasters International. He worked 31 years at Idaho National Laboratory, producing 57 peer-reviewed articles and 3 book chapters in nuclear energy, fusion energy, and environmental barriers. He has given technical talks in 8 countries on three continents. He has been a member of Toastmasters since May 2005. As club president, his club attained President’s Distinguished Status. He was recognized as Area Governor of the year, and Division Governor of the year, and has just completed three years in the three elected District leadership positions for District 15 – serving Utah, most of Idaho, and parts of Wyoming, Oregon, and Nevada. He is also a certified public meeting facilitator via the International Association for Public Participation. His preferred speaking area is a 200-mile radius of Idaho Falls, Idaho, but he is willing to travel further if his expenses are paid.
- Energy, e.g., Idaho Energy Policy, Nuclear Fuel and Waste. This talk will be tailored to the audience’s needs and include any of the following: What is nuclear Energy, nuclear energy risks and benefits, fuel cycles, Uranium and Thorium fuel cycles, how is nuclear energy being improved, what is fusion energy and why don’t we have it yet? Approximate time: Can be tailored from 10-60 minutes.
- Lead according to the situation (other leadership talks available). This motivates and explains the concept that one must lead according to the situation, the performers’ experience, the urgency of the task, etc. One common leadership mistake is to only use the approaches of dictate/direct and delegate/leave alone, and bounce between them. Instead, there are a range of approaches between those extremes that leaders should use. Approximate time: 10-20 minutes.
- Introduction to improved speaking. Depending on audience requests, I address how to make one’s opening more worthy of attention, how to leave a strong impression from your closing, and how to more effectively use PowerPoint thereby avoiding “death by PowerPoint.” Approximate time: Can be tailored from 10-60 minutes.
Contact Phone: (208) 313-5524
Contact E-Mail: email@example.com
Eric considers himself an Edutainer. His presentations are fun, inspiring and useful. Weaving a creative, verbal tapestry of objects, stories and analogies, he captivates thought and moves hearts. Eric’s home hugs the foothills of the Teton Mountains, and he passes recreational time by wandering the trails and paddling kayaks. Eric owns the complete collection of Dr. Seuss books, and he regularly teams up with his alter-ego Marco Sam Sneelock to share the joys of reading with children. He believes everyone is instinctively curious for personal improvement, and we all hunger for authentic appreciation. The core of his business philosophy is founded on these words by Winston Churchill, “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” Eric has done a TEDx speech in Rexburg. It was “low key” by request of the event organizers, and his edutainment style was not strongly represented. Link: https://tedxrexburg.com/eric-moosman/. His preferred speaking area is within a 30-mile radius of Twin Falls, Idaho, but he is willing to travel to your location if you pay his travel expenses. Other roles he is willing to fill: Emcee, Keynote Speaker (Edutainer), or Consultant (weightless fitness training and composing appreciation at work).
- Appreciation: The Art of Composing Appreciation at work. How to integrate appreciation as a business tool for reduced turn over, improved productivity, enhanced customer service, a boosted morale, and greater profits. Plus practical tools for every day living to communicate appreciation to others, accept appreciation from those around you, and appreciate yourself.
- Training Weightless: How to Stay Fit Using Exercise Bands. Sure you can lift weights, jog and do cardio workouts… But using exercise bands correctly for 3 hours per week you can achieve outstanding results for daily fitness.
- What is Sexy? Find out the two most attractive character traits.
- What is Your Worth? Discover your B.I.D. and increase your life and market value.
- The Edutainer. Edutainment on a wide variety. Feel the experience of having fun, feeling inspired and being informed. Using objects as discussion starting points, I help you with a dialogue format, discover and feel the enjoyment and pleasure of the presentation experience.